1. What Is a Blue Screen Error?
When Windows went wrong with hardware or operating system, it halts and give some windows pop up with white text on a blue screen. Which help to indicate these errors that where the term “Blue Screen” or “Blue Screen of Death” (BSOD) has come from.
In a lot of cases, the screen only display up for a few seconds before restart. You can fix or disable this process following the steps in Section 2 below, allowing further analysis of the error.
Blue Screen errors occur when:
• Windows detects an error it cannot recover from without losing data.
• Windows detects that critical OS data has become corrupted.
• Windows detects that hardware has failed in a non-recoverable fashion.
The text displayed can either be text based (Figure 1) or graphical based as in Windows 8 and 10 (Figure 2)
2. How to disable Automatic Restart
when there is any critical error is detected in Windows, your Windows PC restarts itself to protect from future damage to your computer.
This is a safety process integrated into Windows. In order to further analyse the STOP or BSOD error, we need to know the Error code and information occurred with the error.
This information is appear when you turn off Automatic Restart on System Failure.
Following are the steps to disable Automatic Restart on system failure in Windows 8 and 10 (applies to Windows 10, 8 , 7 , Vista and XP)
1. In Windows 10 in the Taskbar search Box, and on the Start screen in Windows 8 (Start menu in 7, Vista, XP) type System.
2. Click on the System link displayed.
3. On the list of links in the left pane, Click on Advanced System Settings Advanced System Settings
4. Click on Settings in the Startup and Recovery section Startup and Recovery
5. Uncheck the checkbox that says Automatically Restart
6. Click on OK
7. Click on Apply then OK
Next time when it occur the same, instead of restarting, it will halt or stuck on a screen with an error code and some error information associated on the screen.
Note down above information so that you can troubleshoot the error and fix it yourself.